xml mime type ignored

Tim

hi all

I use Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP") etc to grab the content of
another asp page.
I want the other asp page to look like an xml document. So I set the header
to text/xml with the line
response.contenttype="text/xml"

I set this on the calling page and the page that is called.

When I view the headers with http://pgl.yoyo.org/http/server-headers.php it
is still set to text/HTML. Also the browser displays the page as if it were
HTML, not XML.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks
Tim

Martin Honnen

Tim said:
I use Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP") etc to grab the content of
another asp page.
I want the other asp page to look like an xml document. So I set the header
to text/xml with the line
response.contenttype="text/xml"

I set this on the calling page and the page that is called.

Make sure you set the content type before you Response.Write anything.

If that doesn't help then post a URL if your server is public.
Also tell us which browsers you have tried with, IE sometimes tries to
guess what the content is.