XML namespaces

Mike Schilling

Does anyone know of some public available code to check that a DOM is
well-formed with respect to namespaces? (That is, that the namespaces on
DOM Element and Attr object always correctly reflect the namespace
definition attributes in scope.) A customer of ours is using some
XML-generating software that leaves off default namespace definitions at
times. I've written some code to supply them, and created some unit tests
for it. But since I also wrote the correctness checker in the test code,
it's likely to share the same blind spots as the code it's testing, so a
third-party correctness checker would be preferable..