XML node selection error

glbdev

I am trying to select a node in an XML file for deletion. I am using
the following code to select the node:

set node = XmlDoc.selectSingleNode("/dataroot/MainNode[Value = '" +
sSearchCriteria + "']")

Unfortunately, the string "sSearchCriteria" can contain apostrophes
which causes this error:

Error Type:
msxml3.dll (0x80004005)
Expected token ']' found 'STRING'. /dataroot/MainNode[Value =
'Steve'-->'s Auto Parts'<--]

I've tried the "Replace" function to add double, triple, etc
apostrophes but nothing works.

The data in the XML file is not being created by me, and is being used
in several different apllications, so I cannot change it.

Any suggestions?

Anthony Jones

I am trying to select a node in an XML file for deletion. I am using
the following code to select the node:

set node = XmlDoc.selectSingleNode("/dataroot/MainNode[Value = '" +
sSearchCriteria + "']")

Try :-

set node = XmlDoc.selectSingleNode("/dataroot/MainNode[Value = '" &
Replace(sSearchCriteria,"'","&apos;") & "']")

Unfortunately, the string "sSearchCriteria" can contain apostrophes
which causes this error:

Error Type:
msxml3.dll (0x80004005)
Expected token ']' found 'STRING'. /dataroot/MainNode[Value =
'Steve'-->'s Auto Parts'<--]

I've tried the "Replace" function to add double, triple, etc
apostrophes but nothing works.

The data in the XML file is not being created by me, and is being used
in several different apllications, so I cannot change it.

Any suggestions?

glbdev

Anthony,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it did not work. This is what the
string looks like after the replace: "Steve&apos;s Auto Parts". Is
this correct?

- Gary