XML output tags order

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Mazen S. Alzogbi, Sep 28, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have a web service that returns a serialized version of few business
    entities as follows:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    - <CompanyProfile xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns="http://www.shuaacapital.com/webservices/">
    + <RatiosAndValues Currency="AED">
    + <GeneralInforamtion>
    + <OwnerShipAndSubsidiaries>
    + <CapitalStructureAndCorporateActions>
    </CompanyProfile>

    I created a new ASP.NET application and imported the same .asmx file to the
    new project, compiled and called the web service and I got the following
    result:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    - <CompanyProfile xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns="http://www.shuaacapital.com/webservices/">
    + <OwnerShipAndSubsidiaries>
    + <GeneralInforamtion>
    + <RatiosAndValues Currency="AED">
    + <CapitalStructureAndCorporateActions>
    </CompanyProfile>

    What is/are the factor(s) that make the CLR decide the order of the output
    tags? Everything is the same in my case here; the code, StoredProc,
    Database, Table, etc. It's just another ASP.NET application on the same
    server!

    Any explanation/resources would be appreciated.

    Cheers,

    -Mazen

    Mazen S. Alzogbi, Sep 28, 2004