    I'm used to webservices, but this seems to be different.

    Can someone give me a hint?

    Jeroen db
    Jeroen De Brabander, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Well, webservices are XML over HTTP
    It's just another name.

    Cheers,
    //Rutger

    http://www.RutgerSmit.com

    //Rutger Smit, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Hi Rutger,

    I'm probably being a real newbie, I'm a little confused ...

    I am aware of the fact that webservices use XML over HTTP but in my
    situation, the party I'm interfacing with wants a URL to which they can send
    XML messages to. They will not be able to call webmethods and so on. They
    just want a URL from me to which they make a xmlhttpRequest.

    Is this making any sense?

    Jeroen db

    Jeroen De Brabander, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Well, as long as they can compose valid SOAP messages you're webservice
    should be able to handle it.

    Cheers,
    //Rutger

    http://www.RutgerSmit.com

    //Rutger Smit, Oct 26, 2005
  5. Jeroen De Brabander

    Martin Knopp Guest

    I suggest you look here http://www.xmlrpc.com/

    XML-RPC might be what they are talking about.

    --
    Greetings from Vienna,
    Martin

    fecher GmbH