    Thx for the help.

    Rick
    , Jan 19, 2007

  2. Peter Flynn Guest

    wrote:
    > I am developing a page which loads XML data into a webpage almost
    > exactly like the sample page listed below.
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/xml/tryit.asp?filename=cd_list
    >
    > On a windows machine (XP), I get data populated in the page within the
    >
    > On a Macintosh, using any browser (ie Safari, Netscape, Firefox, ie) I
    > get no data displayed.
    >
    > Where can I go to get this mystery solved?

    Microsoft?

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Jan 19, 2007

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:

    > I am developing a page which loads XML data into a webpage almost
    > exactly like the sample page listed below.
    > http://www.w3schools.com/xml/tryit.asp?filename=cd_list

    3 problems:

    w3schools.com is full of bogus crap and is nothing to do with the W3C,
    despite passing itself off as such. It should not be trusted and
    probably ought not to be read at all.

    This is the non-standard and (arguably) obsolete M$oft "XML data
    islands" technique. It's not a bad technology as an idea, but it relies
    on a gross abuse of HTML standards (inventing the <XML> tag) and so
    isn't supported widely. Just don't use it! Use AJAX if you must, or
    server-side techniques are generally better.

    You didn't post a URL to your site, so it's hard for anyone to help.

    At least you didnt' use the even more obsolete "DSO" techniques.
    Andy Dingley, Jan 19, 2007

    Hey Andy,

    Thanks for the straightening out. My unposted link/script is 4 years
    old and has passwords associated with it
    and I felt the link I provided fairly well addressed the problem I am
    having.

    So I'm headed to AJAX and a revamp/upgrade of the site/script I am
    working on.

    Your comments much appreciated.

    Rick
    , Jan 19, 2007