XML parser and writing

Roy Epperson

I've looked a year ago a the various XML parsers but got tired trying to get
them set. I have an internal project that I will manually create XML files
and I want to then read and then do "stuff".

What XML parser are "light weight" and easy to setup?

Roy

Wendy S

Roy said:
I've looked a year ago a the various XML parsers but got tired trying to
get
them set. I have an internal project that I will manually create XML
files and I want to then read and then do "stuff".

What XML parser are "light weight" and easy to setup?

I use JDOM, and I don't worry about the parser.

String input = "...xml...here...";
Document doc = new SAXBuilder().build( new StringReader( input ) );
List elements = doc.getRootElement().getChildren("tagName");

That 'Document' is an org.jdom.Document. I seem to recall issues with
whitespace with other parsers... not an issue with JDOM.

I won't say it's blazingly fast or anything, but it works.

Jon A. Cruz

Roy said:
I've looked a year ago a the various XML parsers but got tired trying to get
them set. I have an internal project that I will manually create XML files
and I want to then read and then do "stuff".

What XML parser are "light weight" and easy to setup?

You can use the one that's built into Java as of 1.4

Or you could try AElfred.

http://saxon.sourceforge.net/aelfred.html