    and I want to then read and then do "stuff".

    What XML parser are "light weight" and easy to setup?

    Roy

    Roy Epperson, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Roy Epperson

    Wendy S Guest

    Roy Epperson wrote:

    > I've looked a year ago a the various XML parsers but got tired trying to
    > get
    > them set. I have an internal project that I will manually create XML
    > files and I want to then read and then do "stuff".
    >
    > What XML parser are "light weight" and easy to setup?

    I use JDOM, and I don't worry about the parser.

    String input = "...xml...here...";
    Document doc = new SAXBuilder().build( new StringReader( input ) );
    List elements = doc.getRootElement().getChildren("tagName");

    That 'Document' is an org.jdom.Document. I seem to recall issues with
    whitespace with other parsers... not an issue with JDOM.

    I won't say it's blazingly fast or anything, but it works.

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ

    Wendy S, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Roy Epperson

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Roy Epperson wrote:
    > I've looked a year ago a the various XML parsers but got tired trying to get
    > them set. I have an internal project that I will manually create XML files
    > and I want to then read and then do "stuff".
    >
    > What XML parser are "light weight" and easy to setup?

    You can use the one that's built into Java as of 1.4

    Or you could try AElfred.

    http://saxon.sourceforge.net/aelfred.html

    Jon A. Cruz, Aug 9, 2003
  4. "Roy Epperson" <> writes:
    > What XML parser are "light weight" and easy to setup?

    Mine is at http://freshmeat.net/projects/xmltp/

    However, nowadays Java already comes with an own parser.

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Aug 11, 2003