XML Parser with input stream advance and parse interuption options?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Thomas Engelmeier, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I need an expat-alike parser (ABI-wise as much a drop-in replacement as
    possible) for C/C++ with the following additions:

    - in order to handle some tags with nesting in completely different
    compilation units, I need a possibility to skip a given range of the
    input bytes:
    If I encounter the tag <foo>, I need to hand over the input stream at
    the current parsing offset to another (completely independent)
    compilation unit and continue parsing until the tag is done.
    Then in the original parser I need an option to advance in the input
    stream until at least to closing tag </foo>, and continue processing.

    - I need an option to bail out of parsing when certain things occured,
    i.e. return from the equivalent of XML_Parse, and resume later, when the
    data is handled.

    I know, it sounds odd, but the architecture cannot be changed to handle
    data more in the usual way...

    Regards,
    Tom_E

    --
    This address is valid in its unmodified form but expires soon.
    Thomas Engelmeier, Nov 30, 2004