XML Parser?

Adrian

Hello everyone,

I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.

I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
quite lost.

If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

A side note, can anyone point me towards some good tutorials, ones that
don't start with "this is what html is". I'm into the hands on approach.

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Martin Honnen

Adrian said:
Hello everyone,

I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.

I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
quite lost.

If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

Check xml.apache.org, there you will find XML parsers imlemented in C++
and Java which can be used with C++, Perl, or Java

Zurab Davitiani

Adrian wrote on Wednesday 08 October 2003 08:57:
I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.

I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
quite lost.

If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that
will integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

A side note, can anyone point me towards some good tutorials, ones that
don't start with "this is what html is". I'm into the hands on approach.

You might want to check out ActiveLink PHP XML Package from:

http://www.active-link.com/intranet/software.php OR
http://php-xml.sourceforge.net/

It should be good for doing simple XML tasks - not only parsing but
creation, add/update/modify, and output. It also has a good
example/tutorial script to get you started.

ActiveLink PHP XML Package does not use any PHP XML libraries and does
everything on its own in PHP. It's available under LGPL.

</END-Self-Promotion>

Nick Kew

one of infinite monkeys said:
If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

Apache already contains an xml parser, expat.

If you're looking for higher-level tools, see modules.apache.org.
For a more extensive discussion, see my talk at ApacheCon on Nov.18th.