    don't start with "this is what html is". I'm into the hands on approach.

    Thanks in advance,
    Adrian

    Adrian, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Adrian wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
    > fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.
    >
    > I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
    > quite lost.
    >
    > If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
    > integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

    Check xml.apache.org, there you will find XML parsers imlemented in C++
    and Java which can be used with C++, Perl, or Java

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Adrian wrote on Wednesday 08 October 2003 08:57:

    > I am quite new when it comes to things XML. I realize that a parser is in
    > fact needed for the xml, but I am not quite sure what I need.
    >
    > I do know how to use apache, mysql, php etc. but when it comes to xml I am
    > quite lost.
    >
    > If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that
    > will integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.
    >
    > A side note, can anyone point me towards some good tutorials, ones that
    > don't start with "this is what html is". I'm into the hands on approach.

    You might want to check out ActiveLink PHP XML Package from:

    http://www.active-link.com/intranet/software.php OR
    http://php-xml.sourceforge.net/

    It should be good for doing simple XML tasks - not only parsing but
    creation, add/update/modify, and output. It also has a good
    example/tutorial script to get you started.

    ActiveLink PHP XML Package does not use any PHP XML libraries and does
    everything on its own in PHP. It's available under LGPL.

    </END-Self-Promotion>

    --
    Business Web Solutions
    ActiveLink, LLC

    Zurab Davitiani, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Adrian

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <JtWgb.3659$>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of "Adrian" <> wrote:

    > If someone could point me in the right direction for an XML parser that will
    > integrate smoothly with apache, I would be in your debt eternally.

    Apache already contains an xml parser, expat.

    If you're looking for higher-level tools, see modules.apache.org.
    For a more extensive discussion, see my talk at ApacheCon on Nov.18th.

    --
    Nick Kew

    Apache Development and Support: http://apache.webthing.com/
    Web Standards, QA, Accessibility: http://valet.webthing.com/

    Nick Kew, Oct 10, 2003
  5. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Thank you everyone for your input. It has made my life much simpler in I
    have a base to start from now.

    ~ Adrian

    Adrian, Oct 11, 2003