    for server, so could you make me some suggestion?

    Thank you a lot,
    Aleksandra
    Alex, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Alex wrote:

    > As I don't have any experience with XML parsers, I'm looking for your
    > advice in this group.
    > In the project I'm involved with, we are dealing with parsing of XML
    > messages that are coming from server. The parser that we are currently
    > using is not able to:
    > - parse non-ASCII Unicode text
    > - parse unary XML elements
    > - parse the text block between XML elemnts
    > - handle specific characters, like '

    This sounds like a prototype parser that simply
    parses some ASCII-tags and not more.

    > I need to find a good XML parser that will be integrated in the plug
    > for server, so could you make me some suggestion?

    This question has been answere here many times.
    Use Google to search for answers in the Google
    archive of this newsgroup. The answer depends
    on the Operating System you are using, the programming
    language you are using and the parsing concept (DOM or SAX).
    Juergen Kahrs, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Alex wrote:
    > The parser that we are currently using is not able to:
    > - parse unary XML elements
    > - parse the text block between XML elemnts
    > - handle specific characters, like '

    Then it isn't an XML parser. (I'm willing to let folks cheat on the
    "only ASCII" issue, though that's a Bad Idea, but an XML parser has to
    support XML syntax.)

    Good parsers certainly exist. I'm biased since I've contributed to it,
    but my first suggestion for a general-purpose parser in either Java or
    C++ would be Xerces, available from Apache; IBM's main current product
    parser is a somewhat enhanced version of the Xerces code.

    But there are certainly lots of other parser packages. Even the W3C has
    given up trying to track them all, and just suggests you do a websearch
    for "XML parser" combined with the language(s) you're interested in.

    Joe Kesselman, Dec 8, 2006