xml payload to webservice

Old Man

i am tasked to write a webservice that catches an xml string and passes
it on to Websphere MQ.

All i want to do is put in a simple test that i got a wellformed XML
string.

I am embarassed and frustrated, because in asp it is a trivial thing,
but evidently not in dotnet. I have spent that last hour trying to wade
throught the Microsoft documentation... which, in a word, suck... This
can't be this hard?

Girish Bharadwaj

Request.SaveAs() can save the current request that has come to your service/server. Is that what you were looking for? or Oh, if you just want to get an XML as input, then why dont you make the input argument to your web method to be XmlNode or XmlDocument, that will make .NET framework make sure that XML is well formed..