    processor is not validating ?

    Thanks,
    Sylvain

    sylvain.loiseau, Apr 17, 2004

  2. In article <c5s3d7$nf0$>,
    sylvain.loiseau <> wrote:
    >- but what for the other entities (excluding parameters and unparsed
    >entities ?): is there a case where they are not expended and provided
    >in the text node content, if they are declared externaly or if the
    >processor is not validating ?

    Internal entities must be expanded. External entities must be
    expanded by validating processors, but need not be by non-validating
    processors.

    There is also the possibility of externally-defined internal entities,
    that is, internal entities defined in the external subset.
    Non-validating parsers need not have read the external subset, and if
    they haven't seen the declaration they can't even tell whether a
    reference is to an internal or external entity, let alone expand it.

    -- Richard

    Richard Tobin, Apr 17, 2004