    Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

    Thanks,

    CJ

    Curious Joe, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Curious Joe wrote:
    > I need something that will allow me to read a value, write full files,
    > insert tags, delete tags, etc.

    XML parsers and serializers are available off-the-shelf, generally
    implementing either the SAX (event-stream) or DOM (tree) APIs. You may
    or may not want to leverage an XPath implementation as well, also
    available as off-the-shelf code.

    I'll cite the Apache Xerces and Xalan projects as one C++
    implementation; others also exist.

    Joe Kesselman, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Curious Joe

    shaun roe Guest

    In article <>,
    "Curious Joe" <> wrote:

    > I am considering using XML to track some items in an application I
    > wrote. Since I am new to using XML in anything besides the WWW, I am
    > not sure of the utilities that exist.
    >
    > I need something that will allow me to read a value, write full files,
    > insert tags, delete tags, etc.
    >
    > I have considered just banging out a quick program in C++ but figure
    > there has to be programs/api's already out there that will accomplish
    > what I need.
    >
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > CJ

    libxml is very good; xerces is extensive but I find it a bit heavy and
    the character handling can be a pain (maybe try the recipe in the C++
    Cookbook [D.R. Stephens et al., pub. O'Reilly] to help you). You might
    try TinyXML if your needs are not too demanding. For manipulation of an
    existing xml into another xml, look at xslt and libxslt.

    cheers
    shaun

    shaun roe, Nov 17, 2006