XML related definitions

Discussion in 'XML' started by Razvan, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Razvan

    Razvan Guest

    Hi !

    I recently took some mock XML exams and I encountered the following
    terms:

    1.Static transformations = ?!! vs Just in time transformations
    2.Parametrized DTDs = ?!!
    3.Equivalent DOM nodes = ?!!
    4.EDI System = ?!
    5.Mixed content model = ?!
    6.Just in time generation of XML documents = ?!!
    7."Extended links are always external links ?!!" What are extended
    links ?!

    Can somebody explain what the meaning of those terms is ?
    Regards,
    Razvan
    Razvan, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Razvan

    Razvan Guest

    Hello,

    Help is much appreciated... I am kind of lost in this XML
    stuff. Helping me to understand at least some of the issues will
    clarify a lot of related misunderstandings that I might have.

    Regards,
    Razvan

    Razvan, Jan 26, 2005

    http://www.forum4designers.com/message167443-2.html

    http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.1/tutorial/doc/JAXPSAX14.html
    > 3.Equivalent DOM nodes = ?!!

    Too fuzzy to understand...
    > 4.EDI System = ?!

    Maybe EDI=Electronic Data Interchange
    http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/welcome.htm

    http://w3c.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-mixed-content
    > 6.Just in time generation of XML documents = ?!!

    Maybe "dinamic generation of an XML document" (for example, from database
    data)
    > 7."Extended links are always external links ?!!" What are extended links

    http://w3c.org/TR/xlink/#extended-link

    A suggestion, start using Google.

    --
    Guido
    Guido Spadotto, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Razvan

    Razvan Guest

    Thanks for your answers. They were really helpful.

    Regards,
    Razvan
    Razvan, Jan 28, 2005