xml reporting tool - uses Word for layout

Discussion in 'XML' started by David Thielen, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. When we sat down to design a new generation of J2EE-based reporting
    tools, we naturally assumed that somewhere along the line we’d have to
    make compromises to satisfy both the technical staff and the report
    users...
    It turns out compromise wasn’t necessary. Windward Reports is here,
    and both users and IT types are telling us that it delivers all their
    top Wish List items, and then some. That pleases us, although in all
    humility, we must give credit to what Thomas Edison once called, "1%
    inspiration and 99% perspiration."

    Here’s what we mean:

    Non-technical report users told us that what they wanted most was
    control of their reports. They didn’t want to wait around for a
    programmer to be assigned to their project, then have to settle for an
    end product that wasn’t quite what they had in mind.

    Ideally, users wanted to generate reports themselves, but without the
    hassle of learning new software. They wanted a report generator as
    familiar as the software they used every day, like Microsoft Word...

    That’s when the "1% inspiration" lightbulb went off in our heads. Why
    not let users design their own reports, using a tool they’d already
    mastered... namely, Microsoft Word.

    That’s what we did -- Windward Reports lets non-technical types use
    Microsoft Word to design their everyday reports, with great
    flexibility and little or no technical support.

    To our surprise, programmers also like using the Word / Windward
    Reports combination -- there’s virtually no learning curve, and even
    complex reports can be generated in a fraction of the time required by
    other packages. What an easy way to look like a hero and quickly move
    on to more challenging projects!

    Plus, IT managers also get their top Wish List items -- a robust, plug
    ‘n’ play report server that frees-up technical staff for the critical
    projects. Reduced support workloads. Faster report generation. And
    happier users.

    Finally, Windward Reports is very affordable, with savings of up to
    158% when compared to older technologies like Crystal Reports. Add
    that to the savings in user time and programmer man hours and you’ve
    got a very, very attractive, budget-saving proposition.

    Put Windward Reports to the test -- visit our website at
    www.windwardreports.com and download a fully-functional trial version,
    or generate a sample report online. We’re confident that you’ll love
    the power and elegant simplicity of this advanced J2EE-based report
    server.

    P.S. - When you see the seamless integration with Word and our robust,
    full-featured server engine, you’ll understand the "99% perspiration"
    part!

    Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
    DefendTek -- http://www.DefendTek.com
    Page 2 Stage -- http://www.Page2Stage.com
    Enemy Nations -- http://www.EnemyNations.com
    me -- http://dave.thielen.com
    Barbie Science Fair -- http://www.BarbieScienceFair.info
    Hillary Clinton -- http://www.HillaryIn2004.org
    (yes I have lots of links)

    David Thielen, Jul 1, 2003

  2. You could at least label this posting as commercial announcement.

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =---
    Julian F. Reschke, Jul 1, 2003