XML Repository

games60

Hi,
I have a xml file and i want to make the repository of it so that i can
fire queries on it to extract the data i need from the XML file. Does
anyone know how to make the XML repository.
Thanks,
Saurabh Aggrawal.

Peter Flynn

Hi,
I have a xml file and i want to make the repository of it so that i can
fire queries on it to extract the data i need from the XML file. Does
anyone know how to make the XML repository.

A repository is just a place where you put files for safe keeping. It
doesn't have to have anything to do with querying.

If you want to search an XML file, Google for "XML search engine"

///Peter

Romin Irani

Hi,
I have a xml file and i want to make the repository of it so that i can
fire queries on it to extract the data i need from the XML file. Does
anyone know how to make the XML repository.
Thanks,
Saurabh Aggrawal.

In case you are still looking for a repository, give Apache Xindice
(http://xml.apache.org/xindice/) a try. It is simple to setup and use
but you should give it a test run and see if it meets your
requirements.

games60

Not Exactly, I am not looking for a simple XML search engine. I want
that search engine to filterout the queries, for example: If there is a
class A then "how many classes are drived form class A" or "How many
classes are dependent on Class A" or "If I have a group of A to Z
classes then how many of them are Singleton Classes".

Regards,
Saurabh Aggrawal

Romin

If what you are trying to search can be represented by XPath, you
should take a look at Xindice -- as I mentioned.

Romin.