    obvious, or because it is so complicated that it is out of scope?

    Thanks

    NH

    NH, Mar 17, 2009

  2. NH

    Bob Barrows Guest

    NH wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > One of our systems supoprts XML requests. The documentation gives me
    > a port to send XML requests to and detailed definitions and syntax,
    > but what it doens't explain is how to 'send' the XML...
    >
    > To begin with, I have put together a really simple .asp page which
    > takes in some values entered into a form, turns them into an XML
    > request as defined by the system documentation, but now what do I do
    > with it?
    >
    > Is the 'sending' bit missing from the documentation because it
    > thought to be obvious, or because it is so complicated that it is out
    > of scope?

    Maybe the latter.
    http://www.google.com/search?source...GLD:2003-36,GGLD:en&q=asp consume web service

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Mar 17, 2009

  3. NH wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:51:02 -0700:

    > Hi

    > One of our systems supoprts XML requests. The documentation gives me a
    > port to send XML requests to and detailed definitions and syntax, but
    > what it doens't explain is how to 'send' the XML...

    > To begin with, I have put together a really simple .asp page which
    > takes in some values entered into a form, turns them into an XML
    > request as defined by the system documentation, but now what do I do
    > with it?

    > Is the 'sending' bit missing from the documentation because it thought
    > to be obvious, or because it is so complicated that it is out of
    > scope?

    Depends on who wrote the documentation ;)

    Search on Google for code examples using the ServerXMLHTTP object.

    --
    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Mar 17, 2009
  4. NH

    NH Guest

    Mmm, it does look like the latter.

    Thanks for your help guys; I think I have a lot of reading ahead of me ;)

    NH

    NH, Mar 18, 2009
  5. NH

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Some of the authors of the articles in the search results I posted are
    "less-informed" than others: if you see an article telling you to use
    "xmlhttp" in server-side code, you should substitute "ServerXMLHTTP".

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Mar 18, 2009