XML requests

NH

Hi

One of our systems supoprts XML requests. The documentation gives me a port
to send XML requests to and detailed definitions and syntax, but what it
doens't explain is how to 'send' the XML...

To begin with, I have put together a really simple .asp page which takes in
some values entered into a form, turns them into an XML request as defined by
the system documentation, but now what do I do with it?

Is the 'sending' bit missing from the documentation because it thought to be
obvious, or because it is so complicated that it is out of scope?

Thanks

NH

Bob Barrows

NH said:
Hi

One of our systems supoprts XML requests. The documentation gives me
a port to send XML requests to and detailed definitions and syntax,
but what it doens't explain is how to 'send' the XML...

To begin with, I have put together a really simple .asp page which
takes in some values entered into a form, turns them into an XML
request as defined by the system documentation, but now what do I do
with it?

Is the 'sending' bit missing from the documentation because it
thought to be obvious, or because it is so complicated that it is out
of scope?
Maybe the latter.
http://www.google.com/search?source...GLD:2003-36,GGLD:en&q=asp+consume+web+service

Daniel Crichton

NH wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:51:02 -0700:
One of our systems supoprts XML requests. The documentation gives me a
port to send XML requests to and detailed definitions and syntax, but
what it doens't explain is how to 'send' the XML...
To begin with, I have put together a really simple .asp page which
takes in some values entered into a form, turns them into an XML
request as defined by the system documentation, but now what do I do
with it?
Is the 'sending' bit missing from the documentation because it thought
to be obvious, or because it is so complicated that it is out of
scope?

Depends on who wrote the documentation ;)

Search on Google for code examples using the ServerXMLHTTP object.

NH

Mmm, it does look like the latter.

Thanks for your help guys; I think I have a lot of reading ahead of me ;)

NH

Bob Barrows

Some of the authors of the articles in the search results I posted are
"less-informed" than others: if you see an article telling you to use
"xmlhttp" in server-side code, you should substitute "ServerXMLHTTP".