XML Response customizing using PERL

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dexteru2, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. dexteru2

    dexteru2 Guest

    Hello All,
    Please can someone assist me on how to customize the output of XML
    response using perl.

    For example i have an output like this

    <methodResponse>
    <params>
    <param>
    <value>
    <struct>
    <member>
    <name>originHostName</name>
    <value>
    <string>WEB_HOST</string>
    </value>
    </member>
    </member>
    </struct>
    </value>
    </param>
    </params>
    </methodResponse>

    But i want the output to be like ;

    The hostname is WEB_HOST...And not in the default form as above.

    Regards
    dexteru2, Jun 19, 2006

  2. dexteru2

    David Squire Guest

    dexteru2 wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > Please can someone assist me on how to customize the output of XML
    > response using perl.

    Go to CPAN and search for XML. There are many modules out there that can
    help you... for example XML::Writer.

    DS
    David Squire, Jun 19, 2006