XML RPC and SOAP

RedHat_79

I am sorry if this messages is repeated, but I already posted one and
it's been around 16 hours but it hasn't appeared yet. If it does, then
please delete this one. :)

I was wondering, among other things, why do I often see people
claiming that SOAP adds more overhead compared to XML RPC? I thought
it was the other way around, especially because of the extra tags XML
RPC includes in method calls and structs?

Do any of these two implement callback mechanisms or do they make
asynchronous messaging possible?

Thank you.