XML-RPC server with xmlrpclib and mod_python

Johann C. Rocholl

Hi all,

I'm wondering what would be the best way to write an XML-RPC server
using mod_python with Apache 2.0. I want the mod_python environment
because the rest of my project is web-based, and Apache gives me
multi-threading and everything.

My first attempt implements XML-RPC introspection. Please have a look
at the following files and give me a rigorous critique. All comments
are welcome, even about coding style and module design.

My handler for incoming mod_python requests:
http://trac.browsershots.org/browser/trunk/shotserver/lib/xmlrpc/__init__.py

The introspection module (I plan to have more modules in that folder):
http://trac.browsershots.org/browser/trunk/shotserver/lib/xmlrpc/system.py

A simple standalone test client:
http://trac.browsershots.org/browser/trunk/shotserver/scripts/xmlrpc_help.py

Are there any existing interfaces to use xmlrpclib with mod_python?
Are there any security issues that I should be aware of when
implementing XML-RPC?

Thanks in advance,
Johann