xml schema and derivation by restriction

hre1

stan,

once more, thank you for your assistance and patience.
can you explain in more detail why my code violates the particle
restriction ok (Elt:Elt -- NameAndTypeOK)?
i tried to understand the w3c recommendation but the complexity is
dazzling.

best regards
jeff

Stanimir Stamenkov

/[email protected]/:
once more, thank you for your assistance and patience.
can you explain in more detail why my code violates the particle
restriction ok (Elt:Elt -- NameAndTypeOK)?
i tried to understand the w3c recommendation but the complexity is
dazzling.

I'm not Stan Kitsis, but seems like you're redefining the types of
the composition elements "a1" and "a2", while you want only to
restrict their appearance in the "ct_2" type (excluding the "a3"
element), I guess. Probably you should use another
'restriction/extension' for the "a1" and "a2" element types if you
want to change them for the "ct_2" type, otherwise - you will get error.

Stanimir Stamenkov

/[email protected]/:
/Stan Kitsis [MSFT]/:
Your code violates the following constraint (Schema Component Constraint:
Particle Restriction OK (Elt:Elt -- NameAndTypeOK)):
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#rcase-NameAndTypeOK

once more, thank you for your assistance and patience.
can you explain in more detail why my code violates the particle
restriction ok (Elt:Elt -- NameAndTypeOK)?
i tried to understand the w3c recommendation but the complexity is
dazzling.

Probably you should focus on this paragraph from the above mentioned
fragment:

Henry S. Thompson

once more, thank you for your assistance and patience.
can you explain in more detail why my code violates the particle
restriction ok (Elt:Elt -- NameAndTypeOK)?
i tried to understand the w3c recommendation but the complexity is
dazzling.

For one complex type definition to restrict another, the type
definitions of corresponding element declarations in their content
models must be _declared_ to have identical (top-level, same name) or
derived-by-restriction-from-one-another type definitions.

ht
Half-time member of W3C Team
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: (e-mail address removed)