xml schema frage identity constrain

Discussion in 'XML' started by Vasiliki Papathanasiou, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    is it possible to verify via xml schema the correctness of references
    in the following exmple:

    <person>
    <id>1</id>
    </person>

    <person>
    <id>2</id>
    </person>

    <person>
    <related-persons>1 2</related-persons>
    </person>

    I know that it would be possible via ID IDREFS but these only apply to
    attributes. Can it be done via key/keyref? I always failed in doing so
    because of the white space separated list, even if type of
    related-persons
    was declared as list of integers.

    many thanks in advance

    Vasiliki Papathanasiou, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Vasiliki Papathanasiou

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Vasiliki Papathanasiou wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > is it possible to verify via xml schema the correctness of references
    > in the following exmple:
    >
    > <person>
    > <id>1</id>
    > </person>
    >
    > <person>
    > <id>2</id>
    > </person>
    >
    > <person>
    > <related-persons>1 2</related-persons>
    > </person>
    >
    > I know that it would be possible via ID IDREFS but these only apply to
    > attributes.

    So why not use it? That is what it is for.

    ///Peter
    &;top"

    Peter Flynn, Apr 15, 2005