    What's the best tool available?

    Thanks

    , Oct 29, 2004

  2. wrote:

    > I want to generate an XML Schema from sample XML documents.
    > What's the best tool available?
    >
    > Thanks

    I do not think that is completely possible.
    A xml schema defines when an xml is valid.

    How could you ever derive a scheme of an xml document?
    Maybe it can be possible but youre never 100% sure.

    For example:

    <a>
    <b/>
    </a>

    schema's possible (in pseudo-schema notation):
    a b (a with one b)
    a b+ (a with multiples b)
    a b? (a with optionally b)

    Wich schema should you choose?

    Tjerk Wolterink, Oct 30, 2004

    Stylus Studio comes with such a generator. But I think you can't use
    multiple files as input.
    I don't know if there are others.

    Thanks

    , Nov 1, 2004
  4. Edwin Dankert, Nov 1, 2004
  5. Rikard Land Guest

    > > I want to generate an XML Schema from sample XML documents.
    > > What's the best tool available?

    XMLSpy does this. However, when I try to validate the document
    according to the newly generated schema, one would assume the file
    should be valid, but it is not... the schema requires some editing
    before the document passes validation.

    Of course, you have to edit the schema anyway, and add/relax e.g. the
    generated constraints, optionality etc. in the way you want it.

    Regards,
    Rikard

    Rikard Land, Nov 1, 2004