XML Schema -- ignore whitespace between elements?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Curtiss Howard, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. I'm using Xerces 2.4.0 and I've got a schema (converted from a DTD) for
    my XML documents. However, Xerces will NOT ignore the whitespace
    between elements. These are the options I've set for the parser:

    * Validate
    * Do schema validation
    * Do NOT include ignorable whitespace

    From all I've managed to find online, I shouldn't be having any
    problems. If I have my document use the DTD, the parser doesn't include
    whitespace (text nodes) between elements in the DOM tree; if I use my
    schema, whitespace is included. Is there something I'm missing? Old
    newsgroups postings I've found where people are having the same problem
    generally have someone suggesting that they "make a schema and tell
    the parser to get rid of ignorable whitespace", which is exactly what
    I'm doing...

    Thanks,

    Curtiss Howard

    Curtiss Howard, Nov 26, 2003