XML-Schema: interrelationship between elements

Discussion in 'XML' started by tom@eas.iis.fraunhofer.de, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello!

    A file file1 contains the following:

    <element name = "A">
    <complexType>
    <sequence>
    <element ref="B"/>
    </sequence>
    </complexType>
    </element>

    and another file file2

    <element name = "B">
    <complexType>
    <sequence>
    <element ref="A"/>
    </sequence>
    </complexType>
    </element>

    It is necessary to include file1 in file2 and file2 in file1. But now,
    the validator complains, that both elements A and B already have been
    declared. I found several helps in forums about recursion concerning
    one attribute / element. But they did not help me in the special case.
    Is it possible to create such a xml schema at all? If, how?

    Regards, Tom
    , Aug 23, 2006