XML schema question

Robert Harakaly

Hi
I have a problem to express my needs in the XML schema. I need to
validate an XML configuration file, where I have following XML tags:

<param name="some_name" value="some_value"/>

But I need to make a check between the name attribute value (some_name)
and the type(value) of the value attribute. I need to find a way how to
define the type of the "value" attribute for each value of the "name"
attribute.

In other words: I need to express that the attribute "name" can have a
value from a list of enumerated values ("name1", "name2", ...) but also
that each name form this list has associated its own type of the value
attribute.

In XML it would be:
<param name="name1" value="99"/>
<!-- value for "name1" is an integer from 0 to 100 -->
<param name="name2" value="String"/>
<!-- value for "name2" is a string -->

!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The:
<param name="name1" value="101"/>
or
<param name="name1" value="Some_name"/>

should generate a validation error.

I'll appreciate any direction where to look, URL, partial solution from
which I can learn, etc, to help me to solve this problem.

Thank you

Robert Harakaly