XML Schema: resolve finale resulting schema after inheritances and redefines

Discussion in 'XML' started by Thomas Fischer, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Hi,
    i have a very complex XSD with frequently use of xsd:extension,
    xsd:restriction and xsd:redefine. Now i would like to process
    a XSL transformation based on the *resulted* Schema. But I
    don't know, how I get the resulted schema.

    Example:
    ========

    [schemaA.xsd]
    <xsd:complexType name="myElType" final="restriction">
    <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:ID" use="required"/>
    </xsd:complexType>
    <xsd:element name="myEl" type="fcms:myElType"/>

    [schemaB.xsd]
    <xsd:redefine schemaLocation="schemaA.xsd">
    <xsd:complexType name="myElType">
    <xsd:complexContent>
    <xsd:extension base="fcms:myElType">
    <xsd:attribute name="date" type="xsd:date" use="required"/>
    </xsd:extension>
    </xsd:complexContent>
    </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:redefine>

    RESULTED Schema would be:
    <xsd:complexType name="myElType" final="restriction">
    <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:ID" use="required"/>
    <xsd:attribute name="date" type="xsd:date" use="required"/>
    </xsd:complexType>
    <xsd:element name="myEl" type="fcms:myElType"/>

    Is there any tool or idea, how I can resolve this Problem
    (my prefered solution would be in saxon)

    salute
    Thomas
    Thomas Fischer, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Re: XML Schema: resolve finale resulting schema after inheritancesand redefines

    Thomas Fischer writes:

    > i have a very complex XSD with frequently use of xsd:extension,
    > xsd:restriction and xsd:redefine. Now i would like to process
    > a XSL transformation based on the *resulted* Schema. But I
    > don't know, how I get the resulted schema.

    XSV [1] has command line switches to process only schema document (no
    validation of an instance) (-i) and reflect out the resulting PSVI(-r),
    which contains the whole constructed schema in an XML representation
    of the component structure.

    Someone may have a stylesheet which can turn this back into schema
    documents in the official XML representation -- it wouldn't be at all
    hard to write.

    ht

    [1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html
    Half-time member of W3C Team
    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail:

  3. Hi Henry,
    thank you for your answer ...

    Henry S. Thompson wrote:
    > [1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html

    .... but your URL doesn't work:
    403 Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /~ht/xsv-status.html on this server.

    salute
    Thomas
    Thomas Fischer, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Re: XML Schema: resolve finale resulting schema after inheritancesand redefines

    Thomas Fischer writes:

    > Hi Henry,
    > thank you for your answer ...
    >
    > Henry S. Thompson wrote:
    >> [1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html

    > ... but your URL doesn't work:
    > 403 Forbidden
    > You don't have permission to access /~ht/xsv-status.html on this server.

    Sorry to all -- my machine was taken down by local computing staff for
    most of yesterday :-( -- please try again.

    ht
    Half-time member of W3C Team
    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: