XML schema validation of one xml block based on values from another xml block

Discussion in 'XML' started by Andy, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi!

    Is possible to do xml validation of one xml block based on values from
    another xml block?

    For example, I have an input xml file containing account types.
    <Root>
    <AccountTypes>
    <AccountType></AccountType>
    …………………………………..
    </AccountTypes>

    <Accounts>
    <Account>
    <AccountType></AccountType>
    </Account>
    </Accounts>
    </Root>

    Is there a way I can put restriction in schema that <Account> must
    have only such <AccountType> that are listed in <AccountTypes>

    The file size is 20-25 MB. (It would not be a good idea to load it
    into DOM)
    It is preferably to catch it before processing will start

    Thank you,
    Andy

    Andy, Nov 18, 2004