XML schema validation problem with XMLSpy

Discussion in 'XML' started by Blue Doze, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. Blue  Doze

    Blue Doze Guest

    Hello,

    I have the following XML schema fragment:

    <xs:complexType name="type.1">
    <xs:simpleContent>
    <xs:restriction base="ns:type">
    <xs:simpleType>
    <xs:restriction base="xs:positiveInteger"/>
    </xs:simpleType>
    </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleContent>
    </xs:complexType>
    <xs:complexType name="type">
    <xs:simpleContent>
    <xs:extension base="xs:anySimpleType">
    <xs:attributeGroup ref="nx:att.group"/>
    </xs:extension>
    </xs:simpleContent>
    </xs:complexType>

    XMLSpy gives me the below error when I'm in the schema/WSDL view,
    while the text view works fine:

    File testSchema.xsd is not valid.
    The content type (simpleType) of complexType "type.1" cannot restrict
    simpleType 'anySimpleType'!

    Is this a problem in my schema, or it's a bug in the XMLSPy validator

    I'm using XMLSpy 2006 rel. 3 sp2

    I tried one online schema validator, on the w3c site, and it didn't
    complain.

    Blue Doze, Mar 9, 2007

  2. Blue  Doze

    Jerry Guest

    On Mar 9, 11:22 am, "Blue Doze" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have the following XML schema fragment:
    >
    > <xs:complexType name="type.1">
    > <xs:simpleContent>
    > <xs:restriction base="ns:type">
    > <xs:simpleType>
    > <xs:restriction base="xs:positiveInteger"/>
    > </xs:simpleType>
    > </xs:restriction>
    > </xs:simpleContent>
    > </xs:complexType>
    > <xs:complexType name="type">
    > <xs:simpleContent>
    > <xs:extension base="xs:anySimpleType">
    > <xs:attributeGroup ref="nx:att.group"/>
    > </xs:extension>
    > </xs:simpleContent>
    > </xs:complexType>
    >
    > XMLSpygives me the below error when I'm in the schema/WSDL view,
    > while the text view works fine:
    >
    > File testSchema.xsd is not valid.
    > The content type (simpleType) of complexType "type.1" cannot restrict
    > simpleType 'anySimpleType'!
    >
    > Is this a problem in my schema, or it's a bug in theXMLSPyvalidator
    >
    > I'm usingXMLSpy2006 rel. 3 sp2
    >
    > I tried one online schema validator, on the w3c site, and it didn't
    > complain.

    Hello,

    The Text View is correct so rely on that validation! I have reported
    this issue to the development team for a fix so the error is not
    raised in the Schema Design View. Please excuse us for the
    inconvenience.

    (http://www.altova.com )

    Best regards,

    .... Jerry Sheehan