XML schema validation problem with XMLSpy

Blue Doze

Hello,

I have the following XML schema fragment:

<xs:complexType name="type.1">
<xs:simpleContent>
<xs:restriction base="ns:type">
<xs:simpleType>
<xs:restriction base="xs:positiveInteger"/>
</xs:simpleType>
</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleContent>
</xs:complexType>
<xs:complexType name="type">
<xs:simpleContent>
<xs:extension base="xs:anySimpleType">
<xs:attributeGroup ref="nx:att.group"/>
</xs:extension>
</xs:simpleContent>
</xs:complexType>

XMLSpy gives me the below error when I'm in the schema/WSDL view,
while the text view works fine:

File testSchema.xsd is not valid.
The content type (simpleType) of complexType "type.1" cannot restrict
simpleType 'anySimpleType'!

Is this a problem in my schema, or it's a bug in the XMLSPy validator

I'm using XMLSpy 2006 rel. 3 sp2

I tried one online schema validator, on the w3c site, and it didn't
complain.

Jerry

[...]

The Text View is correct so rely on that validation! I have reported
this issue to the development team for a fix so the error is not
raised in the Schema Design View. Please excuse us for the
inconvenience.

(http://www.altova.com )

Best regards,

.... Jerry Sheehan