XML Schema (XSD) for Ant

jflassonde

My first question was: Where is the XSD for ant?

The answer is: There is none.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp...=schema+for+ant&rnum=1&hl=en#72dd6e01877e3cce

"Ant doesn't have DTD's or XML Schemas essentially because the rules
for a valid Ant build file can change so easily."

I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Isn't that what the any and
anyAttribute elements are for? To extend.

The other solution I see is to write my own XSD for all ant tasks, put
them in a group and incorporate <group ref="AntTasks"/> into my own
customized definition of the <target> element.

In a sense, I would be merging the "ant namespace" and all its tasks
definitions into our own namespace. It seems weird to do, but:

1. There is no ant namespace anyway.
2. There is no XML Schema Definitions for ant tasks.
3. It would be in a separate file, prevent coupling with our project.
4. I will just be defining the tasks in that file.

That way we can use our own customized tasks under <target> and also
the default ant tasks. The downside is that we absolutely have to
define all the tasks that we'll use.