XML Serialize doesn't save to web server hard drive

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gordz, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Gordz

    Gordz Guest

    I have ASP.Net code that works fine on 3 VS.Net development machines but
    does not work on a non-development environment Windows Tablet PC.

    All environments run their own copy of the web application on localhost.

    The code serializes some objects that I wrap into a holder class
    (AerospaceXML) which works and looks like a dream.

    Here is the code...

    string filename = this.Request.MapPath("") + "\\NavHistory.xml";
    Stream stream = new FileStream(filename, FileMode.Create);
    XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(AerospaceXML));
    AerospaceXML xmlobj = new AerospaceXML();
    ser.Serialize(stream, xmlobj);
    stream.Close();

    The problem is that the file NavHistory.xml is not saved to the hard drive
    on the server only on the tablet computer.

    The user is logged in with administrator rights.

    The web site has write privileges.

    The web.config file includes the line:

    <identity impersonate="true"/>

    I've even tried checking the box "Script source access" in the file and web
    sharing properties box of the folder.

    I believe that this is a security issue, but can't nail it.

    Any ideas?

    thanks

    Gordz, Jun 2, 2004