XML standalone

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Stuart J. Shillinglaw, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. Stuart J. Shillinglaw, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Stuart J. Shillinglaw, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Stuart J. Shillinglaw, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Stuart J. Shillinglaw wrote:
    > I Figured it out.

    Enlighen us, what did you discover? You might just help someone else out.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 9, 2005
  5. > Enlighen us, what did you discover? You might just help someone else out.

    If you look at the source of the web page now, it has no spaces between the
    tags, before I had it set up using pretty print from XMLSpy, having a lot
    of white space. Now it has no spaces, no carriage returns, and no
    linefeeds. XMLSpy verified it as being standalone before, but I tried it on
    the validator at valet.webthing.com and it did not agree with XMLSpy.
    Another validator that does not agree that it is standalone is the RXP,
    although I do not know anything about the RXP, being developed for parsing
    XML on Linux and that validator seems to be from a package dating 2000, so
    I cannot be sure of its reliability.

    --
    Stuart J. Shillinglaw
    http://shillinglaw.atspace.com/