XML Standards

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dave Garratt, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Dave Garratt

    Dave Garratt Guest

    The more I look the harder it gets to decide which technology to invest
    my time in.

    Can someone group Java (XML) terms into New (Current) and Old
    (Superceded)

    I'm writing a Java application (standalone) not Web based and I want to
    read and write
    to XML files with the minimum of code.

    I see references to JAXP, JAXB, XSLT, XPath, XMLQuery, DOM and so on.

    XPath seems promising but I'm not sure if this is part of Java SDK 1.4.2
    or the
    Web Services Developer Pack 1.2 - I've seen references to 3rd path
    libraries
    XERCES and XALAN - are this necessary to implement XPath or do sun
    include
    it in their class's

    Help please.

    Dave Garratt.
    Dave Garratt, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Dave Garratt

    J Guest

    use dom4j. Much easier to deal with xml documents.

    On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 9:52:35 -0400, Dave Garratt wrote
    (in message <bjcoqp$52q$>):

    J, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Dave Garratt

    Dave Garratt Guest