    I get XML feeds as input and have to store this data on our server. I
    have worked with databases but new to XML. Can someone tell me how I
    can store and manage this data?
    karsoods53, Sep 26, 2007

  2. karsoods53 a écrit :
    > Hi, I'm new to this...can someone please help me out...
    >
    > I get XML feeds as input and have to store this data on our server. I
    > have worked with databases but new to XML. Can someone tell me how I
    > can store and manage this data?

    Hi,

    Simply serialize them as streams to store on your file system.

    If you have to query them as a whole, you'd rather have to store them
    inside an XML native database ; lots of such products are available
    (free and commercial) and usually, you can query them with XQuery
    (somewhat difficult to learn if you are new to XML, but very efficient)

    http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLAndDatabases.htm
    http://www.stylusstudio.com/xquery_primer.html#
    http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/

    --