    Does anyone have a perl script handy to show me how to convert an XML
    document to CSV format ?

    Thanks in advance.
    Ravi, Aug 18, 2003

  2. On 18 Aug 2003 06:53:19 -0700
    (Ravi) wrote:
    > Does anyone have a perl script handy to show me how to convert an
    > XML document to CSV format ?

    Someone has gone to the trouble of creating the XML::CSV module just
    for this purpose.

    HTH

    Jim
    James Willmore, Aug 18, 2003

  3. "James Willmore" <> wrote in message
    > On 18 Aug 2003 06:53:19 -0700
    > (Ravi) wrote:
    > > Does anyone have a perl script handy to show me how to convert an
    > > XML document to CSV format ?

    > Someone has gone to the trouble of creating the XML::CSV module just
    > for this purpose.

    The shorthand description of XML::CSV is: "Perl extension converting CSV
    files to XML". I couldn't find anything in the documentation that suggests
    that this module goes the other way around.
    James E Keenan, Aug 19, 2003
  4. "James E Keenan" <> wrote in message news:<bhrlrt$>...
    > "James Willmore" <> wrote in message
    > > On 18 Aug 2003 06:53:19 -0700
    > > (Ravi) wrote:
    > > > Does anyone have a perl script handy to show me how to convert an
    > > > XML document to CSV format ?

    > > Someone has gone to the trouble of creating the XML::CSV module just
    > > for this purpose.
    > >

    > The shorthand description of XML::CSV is: "Perl extension converting CSV
    > files to XML". I couldn't find anything in the documentation that suggests
    > that this module goes the other way around.

    You appear to be correct. How about:
    AnyData::Format::XML

    -or- you could perform the same search I used to find this - go to
    http://search.cpan.org/

    There are several XML modules listed there - some use SAX, others
    Expat, others are pure Perl. I played around with XML, but have had
    no real need to use it. I'd like to, because XML files can be used in
    some many different ways - just have not found them time.

    Or you could write your own - which I think you wanted to avoid doing.

    HTH and sorry I can't be of more help - maybe someone else who uses
    XML regularlly can chime in.

    Jim
    James Willmore, Aug 19, 2003