XML to CSV Conversion

Ravi

Hi All,

Does anyone have a perl script handy to show me how to convert an XML
document to CSV format ?

Thanks in advance.

James Willmore

On 18 Aug 2003 06:53:19 -0700
Does anyone have a perl script handy to show me how to convert an
XML document to CSV format ?

Someone has gone to the trouble of creating the XML::CSV module just
for this purpose.

HTH

Jim

James E Keenan

James Willmore said:
On 18 Aug 2003 06:53:19 -0700

Someone has gone to the trouble of creating the XML::CSV module just
for this purpose.

The shorthand description of XML::CSV is: "Perl extension converting CSV
files to XML". I couldn't find anything in the documentation that suggests
that this module goes the other way around.

James Willmore

James E Keenan said:
The shorthand description of XML::CSV is: "Perl extension converting CSV
files to XML". I couldn't find anything in the documentation that suggests
that this module goes the other way around.

You appear to be correct. How about:
AnyData::Format::XML

-or- you could perform the same search I used to find this - go to
http://search.cpan.org/

There are several XML modules listed there - some use SAX, others
Expat, others are pure Perl. I played around with XML, but have had
no real need to use it. I'd like to, because XML files can be used in
some many different ways - just have not found them time.

Or you could write your own - which I think you wanted to avoid doing.

HTH and sorry I can't be of more help - maybe someone else who uses
XML regularlly can chime in.

Jim