    Hello

    I am looking for an xml to html converter source code for my server. Does
    anyone know where I can find one?

    Steve, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Steve

    m Guest

    Andrew Urquhart wrote:
    > *Steve* wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for an xml to html converter source code for my server.
    >>Does anyone know where I can find one?

    > XSLT is a language that transforms XML into a variety of formats,
    > XHTML/HTML included, and there is likely a means to run it on your
    > server.

    Yes, if you want to transform a well known DTD like DocBook
    you might be able to google a ready made tool,
    but otherwise you have to write your own in XSLT, Perl,
    Python, or PHP.

    m, Aug 12, 2004

    --
    Andrew Urquhart
    - FAQ: http://www.html-faq.com

    Andrew Urquhart, Aug 12, 2004
  4. *m* wrote:
    > Andrew Urquhart wrote:
    >> [Use XSLT]

    > Yes, if you want to transform a well known DTD like DocBook
    > you might be able to google a ready made tool,
    > but otherwise you have to write your own in XSLT, Perl,
    > Python, or PHP.

    Or pretty much any other language for that matter :)
    --
    Andrew Urquhart

    Andrew Urquhart, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Steve

    Jim Higson Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I am looking for an xml to html converter source code for my server. Does
    > anyone know where I can find one?

    HTML tidy does this with the -ashtml switch.

    I've only used it from *nix, but - since you're posting from OE - IIRC it
    works with windows too.

    Jim Higson, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Steve

    Jim Higson Guest

    Jim Higson wrote:

    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I am looking for an xml to html converter source code for my server. Does
    >> anyone know where I can find one?

    > HTML tidy does this with the -ashtml switch.
    >
    > I've only used it from *nix, but - since you're posting from OE - IIRC it
    > works with windows too.

    Oh, wait I read that as XHTML -> XML convertor. never mind (unless your XML
    *is* also XHTML)

    IMO XSL is the best 'language' to convert XML formats to XHTML.

    Jim Higson, Aug 13, 2004