xml to html converter

Steve

Hello

I am looking for an xml to html converter source code for my server. Does
anyone know where I can find one?

Andrew said:
XSLT is a language that transforms XML into a variety of formats,
XHTML/HTML included, and there is likely a means to run it on your
server.

Yes, if you want to transform a well known DTD like DocBook
you might be able to google a ready made tool,
but otherwise you have to write your own in XSLT, Perl,
Python, or PHP.

Andrew Urquhart

Andrew Urquhart

*m* said:
Andrew said:
[Use XSLT]

Yes, if you want to transform a well known DTD like DocBook
you might be able to google a ready made tool,
but otherwise you have to write your own in XSLT, Perl,
Python, or PHP.

Or pretty much any other language for that matter :)

Jim Higson

Steve said:
Hello

I am looking for an xml to html converter source code for my server. Does
anyone know where I can find one?

HTML tidy does this with the -ashtml switch.

I've only used it from *nix, but - since you're posting from OE - IIRC it
works with windows too.

Jim Higson

Jim said:
HTML tidy does this with the -ashtml switch.

I've only used it from *nix, but - since you're posting from OE - IIRC it
works with windows too.

Oh, wait I read that as XHTML -> XML convertor. never mind (unless your XML
*is* also XHTML)

IMO XSL is the best 'language' to convert XML formats to XHTML.