XML to pdf using fop - error message

Discussion in 'XML' started by Shiny, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Shiny

    Shiny Guest

    Hi to all,

    I am relatively new to XML and XSL-FO and am currently creating a
    document using the two, and would like to have the output in .pdf. For
    this I am using apache's fop. Initially I got the
    java.lang.NullPointerException error, upon which I checked if my docs
    were valid. I had missed out on the flow element, which I inserted and
    now I get the following error:

    [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
    [ERROR] javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
    javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
    javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: stylesheet erfordert
    Attribut: version

    It is asking for the version of the stylesheet, which I find
    surprising because I have mentioned the version number in the root
    element (apart from of course the XML version in the first line). What
    am I doing wrong?

    I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks a bunch!!

    Regds,
    Shiny

    Shiny, Apr 26, 2005