XML to PDF with Japanese characters.

Discussion in 'XML' started by debo_nair, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. debo_nair

    debo_nair Guest

    I could successfully create PDF docs on fly from XML and open it
    within acrobat using FOP. I have a servlet on weblogic which uses
    XSLTInputHandler(xml,xsl) and renders the XML in PDF.

    My problem is when there are Japanese Kanji characters in the XML file.
    In the PDF it appears as junk ####. Now I have tried setting up
    MSGothic and MS Arial Unicode font metrics in the userconfig.xml file
    for FOP. I have created the corresponding font metrics file also using
    the TTFReader in FOP.

    I have then in the servlet loaded userConfigFile file as follows as
    mentioned in apache.org website.
    userConfigFile = new File(userConfig);
    options = new Options(userConfigFile);

    But for some reason I still get the junk characters. I have opened the
    XML in IE and the japanese characters appear correct. It appears that
    the FOP driver doesnt get the fonts correctly. Anyone done this before?

    Do i need to make any change to the XSL file ?

    debo_nair, Feb 4, 2005