    that can perform it?
    If not, maybe there are other ways to do it ..
    Thanks in advance, Moti.
    Moti, Jan 19, 2008

  2. I don't have an exact knowledge about XML, but I can say that XML is
    much more than a text file format. You can describe/store things with
    it that you cant describe/store with a word document. Thus it is not
    possible to convert from XML in general to a word document.
    Florian Kaufmann, Jan 19, 2008

  3. On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:16:15 -0800, Moti wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I would like to perform xml-to-word conversion. Is there a perl module
    > that can perform it?
    > If not, maybe there are other ways to do it .. Thanks in advance, Moti.

    Read Florian response first. That said, convert to html, word generally
    reads that fine. Store in it a file with a .doc extension and it will
    even be opened by Word by default on Windows.

    M4
    Martijn Lievaart, Jan 19, 2008
  4. Moti <> wrote:
    >I would like to perform xml-to-word conversion.

    I don't understand what you are looking for. XML is just plain text with
    specific syntax rules. Microsoft Office Word will open an XML file just
    fine. There is no need for any conversion.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jan 20, 2008
  5. On 2008-01-20 01:03, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > Moti <> wrote:
    >>I would like to perform xml-to-word conversion.

    > I don't understand what you are looking for. XML is just plain text with
    > specific syntax rules. Microsoft Office Word will open an XML file just
    > fine.

    Any XML file, or just XML files with a DTD it recognizes? If the former,
    it probably just opens them as text files, which is trivially possible
    but not very useful.

    > There is no need for any conversion.

    There is, but it depends almost certainly on the DTD. For example, when
    you convert a DocBook document, you would want to convert a title
    element within a section element to a paragraph with the appropriate
    heading style.

    hp
    Peter J. Holzer, Jan 20, 2008
  6. "Peter J. Holzer" <> wrote:
    >On 2008-01-20 01:03, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    >> Moti <> wrote:
    >>>I would like to perform xml-to-word conversion.

    >> I don't understand what you are looking for. XML is just plain text with
    >> specific syntax rules. Microsoft Office Word will open an XML file just
    >> fine.

    >Any XML file, or just XML files with a DTD it recognizes? If the former,
    >it probably just opens them as text files, which is trivially possible
    >but not very useful.

    Any XML file. And I agree with both of your assessments :)

    >> There is no need for any conversion.

    >There is, but it depends almost certainly on the DTD. For example, when
    >you convert a DocBook document, you would want to convert a title
    >element within a section element to a paragraph with the appropriate
    >heading style.

    Sooooo, first of all we need to know more about what kind of XML files the
    OP is talking about and _how_ he wants to convert them.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jan 20, 2008