</Detail>

<Detail>
<name/>
<order/>
.....or more element
</Detail>

.....or more details
<Details>

the num of details may be as large as 2000,
first get the nums and simply selected use the [index],
as:
<xsl:template match="/">
<Details>
<detail>
<name>
<xsl:value-of select="/Details/names/name[1]"/>
</name>
<order>
<xsl:value-of select="/Details/orders/order[1]"/>
</order>
....more elements
</detail>
....more detail with the index
</Details>
</xsl:template >

when the num is lagrer than a num ,maybe 30,the JAXP would throw the
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: can't load
translet class "GregorSamsa"

so what can I do with it?
I had tried to use the for-each loop and template loop,but there is
always with the syntax error,
and can you help me£¿

thanks
Richard

@

@CL

briefly , I need the loop like :

for(int i=0;i<len;i++){
// create the detail
<detail>
<xsl:value-of select="/Details/detail/name">
<xsl:value-of select="/Details/detail/order">
</detail>
}

thanks,
Richard

p.lepin

@CL said:
I had a xml file like:
<Details>
<names>
<name/>
<name/>
......or more <name/>
</names>

<orders>
<order/>
<order/>
.....or more <order/>
</orders/>

That's, uh, not particularly well-formed.
....or more element
</Details>
the num of details may be as large as 2000,
first get the nums and simply selected use the [index],

Er, what? Do you mean you need to group name, order etc.
elements depending on their position?
<xsl:template match="/">
<Details>
<detail>
<name>
<xsl:value-of
select="/Details/names/name[1]"/>
</name>
<order>
<xsl:value-of
select="/Details/orders/order[1]"/>
</order>
....more elements
</detail>
....more detail with the index
</Details>
</xsl:template >

You're kidding, aren't you? You wrote that 2000 times or
so? Don't mention this to your team leader, but if *I* were
your team leader, they'd never find your body. What's the
point of using XSLT if you're not actually using it?
when the num is lagrer than a num ,maybe 30,the JAXP
would throw the
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
can't load translet class "GregorSamsa"

Probably something's wrong with your transformation, but
you'd better ask that question on a Java newsgroup.
I had tried to use the for-each loop

for-each is not a loop.
and template loop,

Do you mean recursive templates? I would expect your
processor to die horribly trying to cope up with 2000-deep
recursion, unless it happens to be capable of optimizing
tail recursion, and unless your transformation happens to
be tail-recursive.
but there is always with the syntax error,

I think something's 'there is always with the syntax error'
in this sentence.
and can you help me£¿

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="/Details">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="*[1]/*" mode="Detail"/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="*" mode="Detail">
<xsl:variable name="position" select="position()"/>
<Detail>
<xsl:apply-templates
select="../../*/*[position()=$position]"
mode="copy"/>
</Detail>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="*" mode="copy">
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

@

@CL

"(e-mail address removed) дµÀ£º
[...]

ya,it's my first time to use xslt,
at first the depth was low,so I used a function to generated it simply,
[...]

I'm sorry for I can't know all about your sent,but I'll try to,
thanks very much.

regards,
Richard