xml unknown encoding: big5

Ray B. X. Zhou

I use xml.sax to parse big5 encoding xml file.
And I got message "unknown encoding: big5".
What can I do?
Thank you very much.

Ray

Michael Hudson

Ray B. X. Zhou said:
I use xml.sax to parse big5 encoding xml file.
And I got message "unknown encoding: big5".
What can I do?

Install CJKCodecs? (Just a guess).

Cheers,
mwh

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Michael said:
Install CJKCodecs? (Just a guess).

That helps, but is insufficient. Expat (or, atleast, pyexpat)
supports only single-byte non-UTF charsets. To parse multi-byte
charsets, you need xmlproc (from PyXML), and you need to tell
xml.sax to use xmlproc (e.g. by asking for drv_xmlproc).

Regards,
Martin

Ray B. X. Zhou

Install CJKCodecs? (Just a guess).

Not yet. I'll try it. Thank you very much.

Ray

Ray B. X. Zhou

Thank you very much. I'll try it.

--