    Thanks and regards,
    Rupanjana

    , Nov 16, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
    > have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
    > to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
    > validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
    > developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
    > by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
    > up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
    > against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

    Do you want to write a program that performs the validation? That is
    possible, for instance for Java you can use Xerces from
    <URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/>. Or on Windows you can use
    MSXML 6 or the .NET framework with an XmlReader.
    So pick your platform and your parser and then, if you need help writing
    a program, it is best to ask in a forum or newsgroup dedicated to your
    parser and/or platform.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Nov 16, 2007

  3. Note that most XML parsers come with a simple demo program which shows
    how to parse and validate a document; those can usually be adapted
    trivially into a "just report the validation result" tool, if that's
    what you need.

    However, it's more common to do the validation as part of the process of
    actually parsing the document as input to the application that's going
    to process it.

    Joseph Kesselman, Nov 16, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
    > have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
    > to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
    > validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
    > developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
    > by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
    > up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
    > against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Rupanjana

    I'd do this with: xmllint --schema ...

    http://xmlsoft.org/xmllint.html