XML validation against XSD

rupanjana_ms

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

Thanks and regards,
Rupanjana

Martin Honnen

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

Do you want to write a program that performs the validation? That is
possible, for instance for Java you can use Xerces from
<URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/>. Or on Windows you can use
MSXML 6 or the .NET framework with an XmlReader.
So pick your platform and your parser and then, if you need help writing
a program, it is best to ask in a forum or newsgroup dedicated to your
parser and/or platform.

Joseph Kesselman

Note that most XML parsers come with a simple demo program which shows
how to parse and validate a document; those can usually be adapted
trivially into a "just report the validation result" tool, if that's
what you need.

However, it's more common to do the validation as part of the process of
actually parsing the document as input to the application that's going
to process it.

Hermann Peifer

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

Thanks and regards,
Rupanjana

I'd do this with: xmllint --schema ...

http://xmlsoft.org/xmllint.html