XML Validation help.

Discussion in 'XML' started by Lobbo1@aol.com, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi, im fairly new to XML and need a bit of help. I have made a XML file
    which is my CV. Id like to share with you the XML and DTD files to
    figure out why it isnt working.
    (NB - I can only give the lines relivant due to the document containing
    alot of personal information)

    This is the XML file:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>

    This is the DTD:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!ELEMENT details
    <!ELEMENT personal_details (name,address,phone_no,email,DOB)>

    ...and this is the error message I am recieving:
    A name contained an invalid character. Error processing resource
    'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Rob.ROB-COMP/Desktop/XML-CV/CV.xml'.
    Line 4, Position 26

    I hope someone can help me with this.

    , Apr 19, 2005

  2. Rob.K