    ftp://ftp.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/pub/XSV/XSV_2.10-1_all.deb

    How do i do that?

    , Nov 22, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I'd like to use XSV for validating an XML file in Python.
    > I am working on Linux Debian platform.
    > I'm not sure how to install XSV and how to configure it. My goal is to
    > be able to import the XSV library in Python and be able to use it's
    > functions.

    You can use "dpkg" to install the .deb. Read "man dpkg".

    BTW: any reason you need to use XSV? There are some other libraries out there
    that can validate XML based on XML Schema and RelaxNG, e.g. lxml. They are
    much more powerful than XSV.

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Nov 22, 2006

    No particular reason for XSV
    I just want to validate XML files against an XML schema through Python.
    If you can suggest any other package for debian, I'll be glad to try
    it.

    Michel

    Stefan Behnel wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I'd like to use XSV for validating an XML file in Python.
    > > I am working on Linux Debian platform.
    > > I'm not sure how to install XSV and how to configure it. My goal is to
    > > be able to import the XSV library in Python and be able to use it's
    > > functions.

    > You can use "dpkg" to install the .deb. Read "man dpkg".
    >
    > BTW: any reason you need to use XSV? There are some other libraries out there
    > that can validate XML based on XML Schema and RelaxNG, e.g. lxml. They are
    > much more powerful than XSV.
    >
    > Stefan

    , Nov 22, 2006
  4. > wrote:
    > Stefan Behnel wrote:
    >> BTW: any reason you need to use XSV? There are some other libraries out there
    >> that can validate XML based on XML Schema and RelaxNG, e.g. lxml. They are
    >> much more powerful than XSV.

    > No particular reason for XSV
    > I just want to validate XML files against an XML schema through Python.
    > If you can suggest any other package for debian, I'll be glad to try
    > it.

    Well, as I said:

    http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-lxml
    http://codespeak.net/lxml/

    Just try "apg-get install python-lxml".

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Nov 22, 2006

    I've read a bit about lxml, didn't found anything related to validating
    XML schema...

    Maybe you can give more details on how to install lxml and use it in
    Python to validate XML files against an XML Schema
    I'm going to ask the server administrator to install lxml, so I can't
    play around a lot with the system trying stuff.

    It would be nice if you can tell me:
    - What files to download, where to download them from
    - How to install it and configure it
    - How to import the functions in Python

    Thanks again
    Michel

    Stefan Behnel wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > Stefan Behnel wrote:
    > >> BTW: any reason you need to use XSV? There are some other libraries out there
    > >> that can validate XML based on XML Schema and RelaxNG, e.g. lxml. They are
    > >> much more powerful than XSV.

    > > No particular reason for XSV
    > > I just want to validate XML files against an XML schema through Python.
    > > If you can suggest any other package for debian, I'll be glad to try
    > > it.

    > Well, as I said:
    >
    > http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-lxml
    > http://codespeak.net/lxml/
    >
    > Just try "apg-get install python-lxml".
    >
    > Stefan

    , Nov 22, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > Stefan Behnel wrote:
    >>> wrote:
    >>> No particular reason for XSV
    >>> I just want to validate XML files against an XML schema through Python.
    >>> If you can suggest any other package for debian, I'll be glad to try
    >>> it.

    >> Well, as I said:
    >>
    >> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-lxml
    >> http://codespeak.net/lxml/
    >>
    >> Just try "apg-get install python-lxml".

    > I've read a bit about lxml, didn't found anything related to validating
    > XML schema...
    >
    > Maybe you can give more details on how to install lxml and use it in
    > Python to validate XML files against an XML Schema
    > I'm going to ask the server administrator to install lxml, so I can't
    > play around a lot with the system trying stuff.
    >
    > It would be nice if you can tell me:
    > - What files to download, where to download them from
    > - How to install it and configure it
    > - How to import the functions in Python

    Being able to read can simplify a lot of things these days.

    See above to find out how to install lxml on Debian. See the page mentioned
    above to find out how to use lxml. I mean this page:

    http://codespeak.net/lxml/

    in particular this section:

    http://codespeak.net/lxml/#documentation

    or simply search that page for things like "XML Schema" or "API documentation".

    Hope that gets you on the right track,
    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Nov 22, 2006

    This works for me.
    You were very helpful, thank you!

    Michel

    Stefan Behnel wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >> Well, as I said:
    > >>
    > >> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-lxml
    > >> http://codespeak.net/lxml/
    > >>
    > >> Just try "apg-get install python-lxml".

    > > I've read a bit about lxml, didn't found anything related to validating
    > > XML schema...
    > >
    > > Maybe you can give more details on how to install lxml and use it in
    > > Python to validate XML files against an XML Schema
    > > I'm going to ask the server administrator to install lxml, so I can't
    > > play around a lot with the system trying stuff.
    > >
    > > It would be nice if you can tell me:
    > > - What files to download, where to download them from
    > > - How to install it and configure it
    > > - How to import the functions in Python

    > Being able to read can simplify a lot of things these days.
    >
    > See above to find out how to install lxml on Debian. See the page mentioned
    > above to find out how to use lxml. I mean this page:
    >
    > http://codespeak.net/lxml/
    >
    > in particular this section:
    >
    > http://codespeak.net/lxml/#documentation
    >
    > or simply search that page for things like "XML Schema" or "API documentation".
    >
    > Hope that gets you on the right track,
    > Stefan

    , Nov 22, 2006