    is there anything out there, which is easy to set up on my server?!

    thanks

    Tommy

    Tommy, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Tommy wrote:
    > I'm looking for a servlet which i can set up on my own server. it would
    > be nice if there would be something released under gnu licence or
    > anything like that.
    >
    > i want to upload a xml-file and compare or validate it to a xsd-file
    > which is saved on the server. if the sml-file is valid it should jump to
    > a different page and if it's wrong it should response the errors.
    >
    > is there anything out there, which is easy to set up on my server?!

    Check http://xml.apache.org/, it has a Java XML parser that can validate
    against a schema. As for setting up that servlet you are probably
    getting better help in a group about server side Java programming.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Tommy

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <3fa0ec9c$>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of Martin Honnen <> wrote:

    >> is there anything out there, which is easy to set up on my server?!

    > Check http://xml.apache.org/, it has a Java XML parser that can validate
    > against a schema. As for setting up that servlet you are probably
    > getting better help in a group about server side Java programming.

    Indeed. But the original question looks like a possible case of
    an over-specified problem. If the requirement for Java/servlet
    is dropped, the solution becomes much easier: mod_validator (or
    its predecessor based on mod_xml) work with Apache httpd.

    --
    Nick Kew

    In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html

    Nick Kew, Oct 30, 2003