    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    , Apr 8, 2005

  2. Brock Allen Guest

    Use SoapHeaders to pass the credentials form the client to the server. Check
    for them in your implementation. Log all access. Deny those who are not allowed.
    Here are some docs on using them in your server code:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/cpguide/html/cpconUsingSOAPHeaders.asp

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Apr 8, 2005

    Thank you fir the answer Brock.

    I was reading about the session object in the Web Services, is it a
    good idea if I put something in the Web Service Session and if it does
    not exist that means the use is not logged.
    , Apr 9, 2005
  4. Brock Allen Guest

    No, don't use the Session object in WebServices as it's a hack. It replies
    upon cookies and an out of band (outside of WSDL) agreement with the client
    to use them. It also ties you to HTTP. Use the header I mentioned and require
    the credentials on every request.

    Brock Allen, Apr 9, 2005