xml wrongly views as text extracted from the xml tags

Shyran

we have a java framework, where we feed a request xml. this request xml
is forwarded through
the framework, tomcat and axis, for the backend processing, and the
processing results are
again received by the internet explorer, after they are transformed
with an xslt by the framework.

now the problem that we are facing is like - the explorer extracts the
text inside all xml tags
of the response xml and shows it as simple text. but, if you view the
source of the 'text', it will show it all as well-formed xml.

moreover, if you save the source as an xml file, and again open it
through internet explorer,
it will show the xml in proper way.

i have tried using firefox, processing with xml spy, but with same
results...

has somebody experienced similar problem before???

i wonder what can be wrong in this case, and would be thankful for any
pointers as to what
can be the cause and solution to this.

Thanks in advance,
Shreyas

Shyran

Hi all,

Finally i got what was the problem. it was because the response xml
contained a <Title> </Title> tag in it. and dont know why/how, but IE
was treating it as an HTML tag. i noticed that the browser window title
was indeed "Mr" which is the text enclosed by the Title element.

one more weird thing i noticed was that if i moved the
<xsl:apply-templates> line for the tag downwords after one more
template application, it was showing the xml properly alongwith the
<Title> element, and not treating it as an HTML tag.

now the problem at my end is resolved. but it has kept me wondering as
to what might be the possible reason behind this weird behaviour.

regards,
Shreyas