XML + XSD: Is it possible to get all errors against the XSD?

Markus

Currenty I'm parsing a XML in this way:
try {
m_builder = new SAXBuilder(a_b_validate);

m_builder.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema",
a_b_validate);
m_document = m_builder.build(a_inputStreamXML);
m_builder.setErrorHandler(m_SAXErrorHandler);
m_rootElement = m_document.getRootElement();
catch (JDOMException e){
System.out.println(e.getMessage());
} ...
If a_b_validate = false there is no Exception if the Document is
wellformed.
If a_b_validate = true and there are errors in the file I get the first
occured error in e.

Is there a posibillity to get all errors against the XSD at the first
parse?

Greetings

Markus

Markus

Here is the solution: :)

m_SAXErrorHandler = new ErrorHandlerImpl();
m_builder = new SAXBuilder("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");
m_builder.setValidation(a_b_validate);
m_builder.setErrorHandler(m_SAXErrorHandler);
m_builder.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema",
a_b_validate);
m_document = m_builder.build(a_inputStreamXML);
m_rootElement = m_document.getRootElement();

If the document is not wellformed a JDOMException is throws and if
errors against the XSD exist they a stored in m_SAXErrorHandler (a
class which implements ErrorHandler).

Example for ErrorHandlerImpl:
public class SAXErrorHandler implements ErrorHandler {

ArrayList m_warnings = new ArrayList();
ArrayList m_errors = new ArrayList();
ArrayList m_fatalErrors = new ArrayList();

/**
* @see org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler#warning(SAXParseException)
*/
public void warning(SAXParseException arg0) throws SAXException
{
m_warnings.add(arg0);
System.out.println("Warning: " +
arg0.getLocalizedMessage());
}

/**
* @see org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler#error(SAXParseException)
*/
public void error(SAXParseException arg0) throws SAXException {
m_errors.add(arg0);
System.out.println("Error: " +
arg0.getLocalizedMessage());
}

/**
* @see org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler#fatalError(SAXParseException)
*/
public void fatalError(SAXParseException arg0) throws
SAXException {
m_fatalErrors.add(arg0);
System.out.println("FatalError: " +
arg0.getLocalizedMessage());