    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Roy Schestowitz

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:19:26 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
    <> wrote:

    >I have been searching the net, but never managed to find a tools that can
    >convert, in some form or another, an XML file into HTML. I prefer to avoid
    >XSL,

    Then use DSSSL

    (and may God have mercy on your soul)
    Andy Dingley, Apr 30, 2005

  3. Andy Dingley wrote:

    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:19:26 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have been searching the net, but never managed to find a tools that can
    >>convert, in some form or another, an XML file into HTML. I prefer to avoid
    >>XSL,

    > Then use DSSSL
    >

    > (and may God have mercy on your soul)

    Do some newsreader display superceded posts? I thought I had aborted that
    first message and I would hate to think that clutter is left behind for
    others to tolerate...

    Roy
    Roy Schestowitz, Apr 30, 2005
  4. In article <d4vij4$1osa$>,
    says...
    > I have been searching the net, but never managed to find a tools that can
    > convert, in some form or another, an XML file into HTML. I prefer to avoid
    > XSL, but rather, have an XML file easily visualised. I tried KXMLEditor,
    > but it has no export facilities at all.
    >
    > Am I missing something?

    XSL.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, May 1, 2005
  5. Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <d4vij4$1osa$>,
    > says...
    >> I have been searching the net, but never managed to find a tools that can
    >> convert, in some form or another, an XML file into HTML. I prefer to
    >> avoid XSL, but rather, have an XML file easily visualised. I tried
    >> KXMLEditor, but it has no export facilities at all.
    >>
    >> Am I missing something?

    > XSL.

    Thanks for the sarcasm. Luckily I found the type of thing I had been looking
    for. In case everybody steps on this thread:

    -Get the Perl script called pullrss from:

    http://www.webreference.com/scripts/

    -It requires the XML parser which can be found here:

    http://search.cpan.org/~coopercl/XML-Parser-2.28/

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, May 2, 2005
  6. In article <d55g1m$2fpl$>,
    says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > > In article <d4vij4$1osa$>,
    > > says...
    > >> I have been searching the net, but never managed to find a tools that can
    > >> convert, in some form or another, an XML file into HTML. I prefer to
    > >> avoid XSL, but rather, have an XML file easily visualised. I tried
    > >> KXMLEditor, but it has no export facilities at all.
    > >>
    > >> Am I missing something?

    > > XSL.

    > Thanks for the sarcasm.

    I wasn't being sarcastic - I'd simply missed the "avoid XSL" part of
    your post. However, XSL would be the most appropriate way of fiddling
    with XML.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, May 2, 2005
  7. Roy Schestowitz

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 18:25:32 +0100, Hywel Jenkins
    <> wrote:

    >However, XSL would be the most appropriate way of fiddling
    >with XML.

    Although Roy appears to be working with RSS here, which isn't XML or
    easily processed by vanilla XSLT.
    Andy Dingley, May 2, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 2 May 2005 18:25:32 +0100, Hywel Jenkins
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >However, XSL would be the most appropriate way of fiddling
    > >with XML.

    > Although Roy appears to be working with RSS here, which isn't XML or
    > easily processed by vanilla XSLT.

    RSS most certainly is XML. What makes you think it isn't?

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, May 2, 2005
  9. Roy Schestowitz

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 20:54:46 +0100, Hywel Jenkins
    <> wrote:

    >> Although Roy appears to be working with RSS here, which isn't XML or
    >> easily processed by vanilla XSLT.

    >RSS most certainly is XML. What makes you think it isn't?

    Why do you think it is ? (and which version are you talking about)

    RSS is bedevilled by multiple versions and crap specs. Some of these are
    RDF, some are "XML-like" RSS that isn't reliable XML and the rest are
    unclear. Only 2.0 and the RDF versions (0.90 and 1.*) are defined to be
    XML, and even 2.0 is still frequently not well-formed as XML in the real
    world. Some of the 0.9* versiosn claimed (after the spec had been
    released for some time) that RSS documents were also conformant XML
    documents, but the content model for <description> disagreed with this.

    If you build an RSS tool and assume that it will receive well-formed
    XML, then you're heading for trouble, It's tag (and particularly,
    entity) soup out there.

    It still amuses me that even Bruce Schneier's blog offers the full
    content in RSS 1.0, but can't provide it in a workable manner for 2.0.
    Andy Dingley, May 2, 2005
  10. Roy Schestowitz

    Carol Guest

    Carol, May 4, 2005