XML2HTML

Roy Schestowitz

I have been searching the net, but never managed to find a tool that can
convert, in some form or another, an XML file into HTML. I prefer to avoid
XSL and just have an XML file easily visualised. I tried KXMLEditor,
but it has no export facilities at all.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Roy

Toby Inkster

Roy said:
I have been searching the net, but never managed to find a tool that can
convert, in some form or another, an XML file into HTML. I prefer to avoid
XSL and just have an XML file easily visualised.

What exactly do you want?

Given this:

<foo x="y">bar</foo>

Would you want it turned into this?

<pre>
</pre>

(Like syntax highlighting)

Or this:

(Some sort of transformation.)

Roy Schestowitz

Toby said:
What exactly do you want?

Given this:

<foo x="y">bar</foo>

Would you want it turned into this?

<pre>
</pre>

(Like syntax highlighting)

Or this:

(Some sort of transformation.)

Given:

<foo attr='1'>
<kong attr'99>
</kong>
</foo>

I would like, for example, something like:

<ul>
<li>foo 1
<ul>
<li>kong 99</li>